All students are expected to conduct themselves in a disciplined manner in all places and at all times, and project the good name of their School by their courteousness, manners, and conversation. Students should be kind, considerate and co-operative with their fellow students and teachers at all times.
The whole hearted co-operation of the parents is expected at all times in the formation of the character of their children. As the student progresses from the lower to the higher grades, he / she will be given increasing opportunities to shift from conforming to externally imposed order to self-imposed discipline.
1. Students are answerable to the School authorities for their conduct both in and outside School. Hence misbehavior in the school bus, on the street and in public place justifies dismissal. Irregular attendance, habitual illness, disobedience, objectionable moral influence or a week’s inexcusable absence and above all disrespect and discourtesy to teachers are sufficient causes for dismissal. The decision of the Director shall be final in this matter.
2. When the students are walking along the corridors or moving up and down the stairs, as and when changing classes, they must walk in SILENCE and remember to keep to their LEFT always.
3. Pupils should be careful and should avoid throwing rubbish anywhere else except in the bins provided for the purpose.
4. No presents or other gestures are allowed for any of the staff.
5. Students should not bring mobile phones, I-pods, DVDs, CDs, Discman and similar gadgets to the School. The Gadgets if brought will lead to confiscation.
6. Students shall bring only such materials to School as are connected with the School activities. Students are forbidden from bringing water balloons, crackers, transistors and other such materials.
7. Chewing gum or similar substances must not be brought to the School.
8. Students shall not wear ornaments or jewellery in School. Girls can wear “small” ear studs or earrings. The School is not responsible for any loss or theft for the same.
9. Students need to take every care to preserve and protect the classroom and School property. The Parent / Guardian shall compensate for any damage / loss caused by their children.
10. Parents / Guardian shall meet the teachers on the Open day.
11. Parents / Guardians shall meet the teachers only with prior appointment, on any other day.
12. If the teacher has called a parent / Guardian for discussions concerning the child, they need to respond promptly and personally. Parents / Guardians are required to come to the meeting personally and not send anyone else to represent them.
13. Parents / Guardians are expected to co-operate with the School authorities by enforcing regularity and discipline.
14. Private tuitions are not encouraged. If special coaching is necessary or desired, parents need to take a special permission.
15. The School does not accept responsibility for loss of books, pens, money and other valuables.
16. Students should greet guests, visitors and members of the staff politely and show them due respect.
17. Students are required to display good manners, be polite and courteous to one another and avoid the use of objectionable language.
18. Money should not be lent or borrowed and articles should not be exchanged or sold in the School premises.
19. Insubordination, immorality, vandalism, smoking and malpractices such as copying and cheating during test exams are punishable offences and will be dealt with, appropriately. The use of the office telephone by students is restricted to emergencies and with the permission of the supervisors. No mobile phones are permitted.
20. No gift to be brought by the child on his / her birthday. Only books can be donated to the school library.
21. All students are expected to contribute towards a positive learning atmosphere in the class by co-operating with the teacher, getting work done on time; contributing to discussions, asking questions and avoiding disturbances.
22. Every student shares the responsibility of informing someone in authority if they see others violating the rules.
23. All articles brought to school should be marked with the student’s name. School bags must be small and light as much as possible.
24. Warning letter system:
A warning letter will be issued to a student for continuous:
1. Negligence of homework
2. Indiscipline / Misbehavior
3. Not in proper uniform
4. Books not brought to class
5. Habitually being late
6. Non-payment of fees.
This letter will be issued at the Director’s discretion. Serious action will be taken against a student who has been issued THREE warning letters.School property
1. The school property should be handled carefully. Students must refrain from defacing or writing on walls, tables or chairs. Utmost care must be taken when handling the computers.
2. Any damage done, even by accident, must be reported immediately to the class teacher or co-ordinator.Any damage committed willfully or by carelessness will have to be compensated for.
3. Care of the entire classroom property is the responsibility of the students who occupy it.
4. Students utilizing the computer and science labs are expected to be careful while using the equipment therein.Personal property
Students should look after their own possessions with utmost care. The School will not hold any responsibility, whatsoever, for books, clothes, money, calculators, snack boxes or other articles that are lost. Valuables should not be brought to the School.Assessment Rules
No child is to take leave on test / assessment day. If a child is absent for a class test/assessment NO RETEST will be given under any circumstances and no request will be entertained & the child will be marked absent.